Earth Hour is a global event that takes place annually, encouraging individuals, businesses, and communities around the world to turn off their non-essential lights for one hour as a symbol of their commitment to the planet. TITAN Containers is committed to raising awareness about the impact our actions can have on the environment, and this event provides us with an opportunity to take a step toward a more sustainable future.
Earth Hour, organized by WWF, was started as a lights-out event in Sydney, Australia in 2007. Every year on the last Saturday of the month of March from 08:30 p.m. to 09:30 p.m. millions of people across the world choose to turn off their lights as a symbol of commitment to the deeply concerning fight against climate change. The only means to achieve the end goal - stopping the process of climate change - is to work together aiming at a more sustainable future.
TITAN JOINING THE BATTLE
At TITAN, we are committed to supporting the Green movement and we are happy to showcase an outlook of the strides TITAN has made in reducing our environmental footprint:
- Veresegyház, Hungary became our first depot to install 54 solar panels to power our Self Storage site in June 2022.
- Our depot, located in Macaé, Brazil converted to 100% solar-powered energy in 2022.
- Kolding, Denmark is the largest TITAN site to be supplied with solar power, and the project is almost complete.
- Our next site expected to be powered by solar panels is the Self Storage site in Taastrup, Denmark.
- We increased our fleet of Electric Vans with the addition of 12 new EVs for use in Denmark and the UK. This expansion has led to an increase in our company's percentage of EVs to 50%.
*Our depot in Veresegyház, Hungary.
Find out more about how you can take part in the event, engage with your community, and much more by visiting Earth Hour's official website.